Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rest in Peace Dawn


Earlier this week SeaWorld suffered a horrible tragedy - one of our most experienced killer whale trainers was killed. Tilikum, a 12,000 pound male killer whale (the largest in captivity), grabbed Dawn B. and drowned her. I have no details to list, as everything we know is what has been released to the news, but I will say that while I didn't know Dawn, I did know of her and she was one of our most respected trainers. She has been training the whales since 1994 and was apparently a stickler for rules and safety. This just goes to show the irony of our short lives here on Earth and why we need to appreciate every day we're given.

Dawn, thank you for all the people you inspired to be passionate about the animals you loved so dearly. Thank you for being a shining example for other animal trainers such as myself. Thank you for reminding us how fragile life is and to enjoy every day we're given. Rest in peace, 1969-2010.

These are obviously not my pictures, but some that I've found of Dawn that are pretty darn impressive and hard to stop looking at.













No comments:

Post a Comment