Since there's only a couple launches left in our space program and in all of my 27 years I've NEVER been down to Cape Canaveral to see a shuttle take off AND this is the last scheduled "dark" launch, I really wanted to head down there. As it turned out, Dan, Danyel and Matt were going down and I ended up getting the day off work so it worked out perfectly. The only thing that was not ideal was that I had to leave my house at 2:30am, ugh! But it all worked out great and we got one of the last spots at Space View Park and had a great view of the launch pad from across the Indian River. The shuttle launched without a hitch at 6:21am this morning and it was absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad it worked out that I got to see one up close before the program comes to an end.

Just taking off, it literally lit up the whole dark sky

I have no idea how/why this formed or what it is, but this was taken about 10 minutes after the shuttle launch. All I have is a little canon point-and-shoot, which obviously isn't able to capture things like this as well as more expensive cameras, so just try to imagine it about 100 times more beautiful with colors even more vibrant!
Just taking off, it literally lit up the whole dark sky
I have no idea how/why this formed or what it is, but this was taken about 10 minutes after the shuttle launch. All I have is a little canon point-and-shoot, which obviously isn't able to capture things like this as well as more expensive cameras, so just try to imagine it about 100 times more beautiful with colors even more vibrant!
No comments:
Post a Comment