Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wakeboarding & Kayaking

I had two pretty fun days this week. First, I hung out with some work friends and tried out wakeboarding for the first time ever. My friend Neely and her husband, Andy, have a boat and go out all the time, so they invited me and some of our other work friends, Danielle and Angie, along for the ride. I wasn't even expecting to get up on the board, but I managed to do so on just my second try :) I obviously didn't do anything fancy up there, but I was just glad to be able to get up. We also played around on the kneeboard. The best part was getting Mia up there! She actually went kneeboarding! It was definitely a super fun day.


So excited just to get up!


Mia learning to balance up there


Check her out!


Danielle ~ Evelyn ~ Angie ~ Mia ~ Melissa ~ Neely

Check out all of out wakeboarding pics



The very next day, I went kayaking with my dad and Cathy. We went down Rock Springs Run, down to Wekiwa Springs. I was soooo incredibly sore from the day before, but it was so much fun. We departed from a friend's property, after he had closed up (he runs an outfitter business) so there were literally no other people almost the entire time. It was so quite and peaceful. We saw a bunch of gators, a spotted fawn and 3 baby bears. I've always wanted to see a bear so that was pretty awesome. Mia did pretty well too. She was a little squirmy on our little kayak, and every time she would move my poor muscles wanted to cry out in pain. About half-way through, I switched with Cathy and did the rest in their tandem, making Dad do all the work. That's the way to go :)


Not too much room for the both of us in here!


Can you see the cute baby bear?


Taking it easy, making Dad do all the work :)

All of our kayaking pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment