I just did one of the most incredible things last night! Dad, Cathy and I went on a bioluminescence night kayak trip over near Merritt Island. It has something to do with the plankton, where certain chemicals mix with oxygen. Check out the Wikipedia information here. Every movement of every fish and every paddle stroke literally lit up the water, it was incredible. Getting pictures of this was virtually impossible so you'll just have to take my word for it (or even better, go see it for yourself!).
Dad and Cathy in their kayak
A fish jumped in with them! He's jumping back to his freedom.
I ended up getting two fish that I had to rescue
Little fishy
Stargazing
We also mapped out our trip with the "My Tracks" app on our phone, check it out!
I definitely recommend this trip to anyone. The only outfitter I know of that runs it is called "A Day Away", check out their website here.
No comments:
Post a Comment