"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Thursday, September 25, 2008
High School Days
Even though I went to LakeMaryHigh School, I’ve found myself rooting for Lyman lately. Since the county re-zoned all the schools a few years ago, we are now zoned for Lyman, so that means we’re a blue/yellow household from now on.
This is Danyel’s second year on the Lyman bowling team. I’ve never been able to make it to any of her games, but now that I’m back in town I’m taking advantage of it. I’ve been to two of her games so far – one against LakeBrantley (they lost) and one against LakeMary (they won!).
I also went to the Lyman vs. Oviedo football game. The bowling and tennis teams are in charge of running the concession stand, so I had a good time helping out for the second half of the game – mom and I made the cookies! And Lyman won!
It’s been fun watching all the little high-schoolers and getting a kick out of all their little dramas (including all of Danyel’s of course). But more than that, it’s been so much fun getting to hang out with my family – I’ve missed them so much this past year!
No comments:
Post a Comment