Friday, October 3, 2008

Kittens Kittens Kittens!!!

Not that any of you will be surprised but I have ended up with another litter of kittens! Amanda called me a few days ago because a girl she worked with was really worried about a stray mom cat and her 3 kittens that were living in her shed. I explained to her that she really needed to do something fast, before the kittens were weaned, or those 4 cats would turn into 100s quick! I, of course, offered to come over and catch them and take them home, so now they are with me. I always forget two things about fostering kittens when it’s been a while, 1. kittens are messy little monsters, and 2. kittens are just about the cutest things in the entire world and every time they meow my heart melts.



This litter has been really amazing though. First, the mom is just about the sweetest cat I’ve met. She didn’t put up a fight at all when I “caught” her. I pretty much just walked right up to her and picked her up – she didn’t fight me at all. And still, all she wants to do is cuddle. Also, the entire litter appears to be super healthy. The kittens are eating and drinking on their own, have fat little milk bellies, and don’t appear to have any upper respiratory problems. The only thing they all had was a ton of fleas, which was easy to take care of with some flea shampoo (believe it or not, mom cat was the easiest to handle for the bath, she’s so awesome!).



They are all, of course, super cute. Mom is a very small (probably still a kitten herself) tortie. The kittens include an all black male, an orange “peanut” male and a tortie female (looks just like her momma). Believe it or not, I already have some interest in two of them, including the mom! I will be contacting all the shelters in Orlando in the next few days to see if they will put them in their adoption programs, but if any one knows of anyone who might want a new baby, please let me know! They haven’t been to the vet yet, but I’m pretty confident they’ll get a clean bill of health. If you know of any interest, let me know and I’ll update you on any vet/health info!

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable! Leave it to Melis to find another batch of homeless kitties! Melissa to the rescue :)

    ReplyDelete