Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I <3 NY


So, I am really excited to be back in Orlando, however I do plan to continue my love affair with NYC for a long time to come. I’m so grateful I had the opportunity to live there for a year. There are certain things that I will deeply miss, and a few things I will easily be able to live without. I thought I’d share a few…

Things I will miss:

- My $20 mani-pedi

- The pigeons – No, I do not think they are rats with wings!

- This tree – and all of Bowling Green for that matter

- Really just 42nd St. to 53rd St.

- You have no idea…

- Casually walking down the street and running into something like this (it’s the Brazilian parade by the way)

- Streets full of yellow

- All the cute tile work in the subways

- Things that just make me say “huh?” (and yes, he is bathing in the Plaza’s fountain)

- All of them, but especially these two

- Not having to drive

- Seeing crazy people with butterfly wings while running errands (and plenty of other crazy people doing other crazy things)

- Getting lost in Central Park

- Lady Liberty at sunset

- Winter Wonderland (well, I won’t miss the “winter” part, just the “wonderland” part)

- My neighborhood

Things I won’t miss:

- Getting off at this station every morning, Monday through Friday

- The lack of enforcement of this law

- East 86th Street construction

- The insane line that forms all the way around the Chipotle on Broadway at lunch time (thankfully they’re really efficient!)

- The smell of the 4,5 platform at this station

- These ridiculous things that the city actually thought would attract tourists

- This building!

As you can imagine, the "will miss" list could have gone on for a long long time! NYC is such a cool place and I'm already looking forward to going back to play! Thank goodness it's only a short plane ride away.



No comments:

Post a Comment