Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Year, A New Beginning


I am so excited for 2009! I know it sounds cheesy, but I really think this is going to be a great year and a wonderful new beginning for me! I know some great things happened in '08, but overall, it was a very hard year. It's a good thing I'm a really strong person because breaking off an engagement, moving from NYC to Houston then back to FL, moving back in with the parents, dealing with the single life again and facing the realization of how long it could possibly take to get my dream job back is a lot to deal with all in one year. I'm extremely thankful I have so many positives in my life, such as being healthy and having the most wonderful friends and family.

Here are a few of my "goals" (I don't like the "r" word!) for 2009 :

1. Remain positive about getting my dolphin job back. With the horrible economy and our company being sold, it makes sense that it's taking longer than I would like. At least I have
a job, which is unfortunately more than some people can say right now.

2. Not let living at home at 26 hurt my pride too much. Other than the social stigma, I have to admit, I'm really enjoying it. Of course, there's the free rent, but I just really love being near my family all the time. Sometimes I think I drive Danyel crazy, because I always want her to hang out with me, and I get bummed out when she has other plans! :P


3. Not let dating slip too far down on the list of priorities. It has really been the last thing I've thought about since moving back home, but I know I have to throw myself back out there one of these days and I'm sure that day will come some time in 2009!

4. Get all my scrapbooks up-to-date! This was my big goal from last year, and I actually got really close to accomplishing it, but then I started moving all over the country and that's when it all went downhill! Between the chaotic-ness of moving and all the wonderful adventures I've had since moving that need to be scrapbooked, I've gotten behind again. So now I have 365 more days to carry through!


5. And last but not least, continue to remember to be thankful for everything I have. I have to admit, I've done a phenomenal job of not feeling sorry for myself for the things I don't have, because I always then remind myself of the things I do have. I am healthy; my friends and family are healthy; I have a roof over my head; food in my belly; and I live in a wonderful, free and relative to the rest of the world, safe country.


I hope everyone else is as excited for 2009 as I am. Hopefully our economy will start to pick back up sometime this year and with our new president being inaugurated in just 20 days, hopefully some positive change will follow!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your goals for this year! Hope 2009 is a great one for you! And hopefully it won't be Thanksgiving until I see you again!

    ReplyDelete