So, in addition to getting my dream job back, I've also found a great new living situation. I've been living with my mom and stepdad for the last year to save money, and also because I couldn't find a good roommate situation. That situation finally found me last month when two Discovery Cove lifeguard friends and one of their friends (an Aquatica lifeguard) were looking for a 4th roommate. All three are really laid back guys who I knew would be easy to live with and they don't mind (and aren't allergic to!) my cats.
We spent about a month searching for the right house, and in the end we found the perfect one. It's located in the Dr. Phillips part of Orlando, which is about a 15 minute drive to work (10 minutes if there's no traffic) and there are tons of restaurants and pretty much everything you need about a mile away. We even have a pool :)
One of my roommates, James, has an Australian shepherd. She's a super cool dog and has been great with the cats. She desperately wants to play with them, and even though they give her clear signals that they're NOT interested in being friends, she continues to try. She's really great with them though, because as often as they claw and hiss at her, she's never once growled or gotten aggressive with them.

Ashes, James's dog
Another perk of living with 3 guys is that I got the master bedroom, so I have my own big closet and bathroom! As much as I needed and have greatly appreciated the free rent, it's so nice to finally have the peace and privacy of not living at home anymore!
Pictures of our awesome new house
No comments:
Post a Comment