Last month I was a super lucky girl and got to swim with the manatees in Crystal River twice! First, Cathy and I went up there with my work friend, Lucy, and her two little girls. We went to Three Sisters Spring and even though the water was a little murky (there were a few other groups that got there before us) we saw tons of manatees, including an adorable little tyke that wanted to play with us.
Me with a super cute little dude
Cathy with the baby
Our favorite little baby
They're so cute!
Mom and calf with calf nursing...how precious!
Lucy had a great time too, but I don't think her two girls were as keen on the whole snorkeling thing, and they definitely didn't enjoy the cold water! They were still so well-behaved and never once pitched a fit.
Lucy with one of the bigger manatees
Lucy's snorkeling while her girls cling to her
A week later, Carl and I drove up (I think he was a little jealous he wasn't on the first trip) ;) The company we went with this time took us to a different spring, Jurassic Spring. It was a really small spring with far less manatees than Three Sisters, however no other groups go out there, so there were only 4 of us and several of the manatees were really playful.
Me giving some belly rubs
This one gave me several "kisses"
Carl and his new friend
The manatees really seem to enjoy belly scratches!
You can really appreciate how big some of them are in this picture
The cutest faces :)
Until next winter, goodbye manatee! Have a happy spring!
I also got to swim with them (my first time) last year, here's that blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment